What is a house and land package?
A house and land package allows a buyer to secure a block of land and the construction of a home in one process, but with two contracts.
Offered by volume builders such as Rawson Homes and usually located on the city fringes, these packages are popular because of the security they bring. You have transparency over the combined price of the home and land from the outset, which helps with budgeting and gives you certainty about how your new home will look.
Pros and cons of a House and Land package
House and land packages suit many families, especially if you’re new to building and keen to secure your home in a short period of time. However, it’s important to understand what’s involved in the packages to make sure it’s the right choice for you and your lifestyle.
- Complete package with all the hard work done for you
- No big decisions to make
- Brand new house in brand new neighbourhood
- Great variety of homes to choose from
- Homes expertly chosen to suit your block of land
- Not usually found in established neighbourhoods
- Some newer suburbs are still building infrastructure
- It can be harder to make certain changes to some home designs, although the Rawson Homes Select and Adapt build processes offer plenty of flexibility with preset floorplan changes to suit your family’s lifestyle.
Cost of a House and Land Package
- When buying a House and Land package through Rawson Homes, it’s good to know there are two elements to the purchase – and each includes a separate contract. The first contract is for the land only, while the second is for the house. Each is financed separately.